If you have to describe the slow change from winter to spring in a cake it would taste exactly like this amazing tart.
fits a baking tray of 24 cm
for the crust:
- 1 ½ cups of pecans
- 2 tablespoons of rapseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- a pinch of sea salt
for the filling:
- ½ cup of cashews (soaked for 4-8 hours)
- 3.5 dl almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons of agar flakes
- 1 teaspoon of organe zest
- 113 gr of dark chocolate (70-80%)
for the topping (optional):
- about 1 cup of soy whip (I use the one from Migros)
- about ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
Make the crust:
- Pre-heat the oven to 175º C.
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust into a food processor, and pulse several times until the dough is formed and holding together. Do not overprocess.
- Place the dough into the center of a 24 cm round pie plate. Press the mixture into the pan using your fingers to work it evenly up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 12-15 minutes, until slightly darker and firm to the touch. Remove, and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
Make the filling + chill the pie:
- Drain the nuts, and place them into a food processor along with the almond milk, vanilla, and salt. Run continuously until the mixture is very smooth. Keep the mixture in the food processor while you prepare the rest of the filling.
- Place the water, juice, light brown sugar, agave syrup, and agar flakes into a small saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally, until the agar has dissolved and mixture has thickened slightly. Turn the heat off, add the zest and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to cool for a couple of minutes, then add it to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Lastly, melt the chocolate using a double broiler, and add the melted chocolate to the food processor. Pules several times until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the (cooled) pie crust, and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Top with the toppings and serve:
- Whip the soy whip.
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds over the top, then add a layer of soy whip and another sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
Still nice on the next day. But keep it in the fridge.